Get Help With Your Immigration Case

At our immigration law offices, we handle a large variety of immigration cases for clients from all over the world. These cases may involve helping to bring a family member or fiancé to the U.S., defending a client in a removal hearing, or applying for an adjustment of status for a nonimmigrant seeking to become a permanent resident.

Serving Immigrants in the New York City and Philadelphia Metro Areas, and throughout the U.S.

At the Law Offices of Stephen Santucci, PC, we offer assistance in many areas of immigration, such as:

Family Immigration

  • Immediate family immigration — Immigration for spouses, parents and minor children of U.S. citizens.
  • Family-based immigration — Preference-based immigration for: family members of U.S. citizens who are not immediate family members; and family members (spouses, minor children, and unmarried children over age 20) of legal residents or green card holders in the United States.
  • Family-based permanent residency petitions — Permanent residency (green cards) can be obtained through family member sponsorship for individuals who are wishing to come to the U.S. and establish permanent residence.
  • Marriage-based immigration — Whether you are a foreign national engaged to marry a United States citizen or a United States citizen who wants to marry a foreign national, we can help you obtain a K-1 fiancé visa that will allow a foreign national to join his or her loved one in the United States. We can also help you apply for adjustment of status following your marriage.

Employment Immigration

  • Employment-based immigration — EB visas can grant permanent residence to foreign nationals based upon employment. We can assist foreign-born people who want to become immigrants based on employment.
  • Religious worker visas — R visas can be obtained for immigrants who are coming to the U.S. to work on behalf of an established religious organization that they are a member of.
  • EB-1/extraordinary ability visas — An EB-1 visa can be obtained for individuals with documented extraordinary abilities in their fields. Proper evidence can be collected and used to secure the visas for immigrants.

Non-Immigrant Visas

Non-immigrant visa petitions — As experienced immigration attorneys, we help foreign citizens (visitors, students, temporary workers, exchange students and others) who want to temporarily work or live in the United States apply for nonimmigrant visas, which include:

  • H-1B visa (specialty occupation visa)
  • L-1 visa (intracompany transferee visa)
  • B-1 visa (business visitor visa)
  • O-1 visa (alien of extraordinary ability visa)
  • P visa (artist / athlete / entertainer visa)
  • E visa (treaty trader / investor visa)
  • TN visa (entry under NAFTA visa)

Immigration Defense

  • Deportation defense — If you have been detained, are currently incarcerated and face deportation, or you have received notice to appear from the Office of Detention and Removal Operations (DRO), an experienced deportation defense attorney can complete all the necessary paperwork and present a thorough defense against deportation or removal in cases where possible defenses exist.
  • Defense for detainees — If you or a family member has been detained for an immigration offense, we can help find out about what immigration charges have been brought and, if possible, defend against alleged immigration offenses while working to find a way to prevent you or your loved one from being deported.

Asylum and Citizenship

  • Asylum or refugee status — You may be eligible for asylum or refugee status if you are in need of protection because you have been persecuted, or fear you will be persecuted, in your homeland on account of your race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion.
  • Citizenship and naturalization — We can explain the requirements for citizenship, answer your questions about the process, and assist with your naturalization application.

Other Immigration Issues

  • Motions to reopen and appeals — Was your visa application denied or your immigration petition denied? Law Offices of Stephen Santucci, PC, can assist those seeking resident status or citizenship reopen cases and appeal immigration decisions.
  • Other legal issues for immigrants — We can assist immigrants with other legal issues, including family law, divorce, adoption, bankruptcy, wills, trusts and estate planning.

If you need assistance with any immigration issue, including employment-based or family-based immigration for clients in New York, New Jersey, or the surrounding areas, contact an attorney experienced in all United States immigration issues.

A Note on the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

What used to be the Immigration and Naturalization Services (INS) is now the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), a part of the federal Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Often still referred to as the INS, the USCIS provides all immigration services, including:

  • Review of nonimmigrant visa petitions;
  • Review of naturalization petitions;
  • Review of asylum and refugee applications; and
  • All other reviews (adjudication) that had been performed by the INS.

Contact a Staten Island Immigration Lawyer Today

We are knowledgeable and experienced in the workings of the USCIS and Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). We have handled cases involving almost every issue that may arise when dealing with the USCIS. If you need help with an immigration issue concerning the USCIS, contact an experienced immigration and naturalization lawyer toll free. You may also e-mail or use fax services.