Employment-Based Immigration for Employees and Employers

At the Law Offices of Stephen Santucci, PC, we assist both employees and employers with immigration through employment. In our years of experience, we have worked with individuals across a number of professions who wish to work with employers in the United States. We have assisted in filing a variety of petitions for alien workers including national interest waiver petitions, alien of extraordinary skill petitions, outstanding researcher petitions, religious worker petitions, and professional worker visa applications, as well as H-1B visa applications and other nonimmigrant visa petitions.

Serving Employers and Foreign-Born Employees in the New York City and Philadelphia Metro Areas

We help businesses and organizations in New York City, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and across the United States file applications on behalf of foreign workers. We assist employees with applying green cards with their organization's sponsorship, and help foreign employees secure an EB employment-based visa and adjustment of status.

There are four categories for granting permanent residence to foreign nationals based upon employment:

EB-1 Priority workers (First Preference)

  • Extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business or athletics
  • Outstanding professors and researchers
  • Certain multinational executives and managers

EB-2 Professionals with advanced degrees or persons with exceptional ability (Second Preference)

  • Members of the professions holding advanced degrees or their equivalent
  • Exceptional ability in the sciences, arts or business

EB-3 Skilled or professional workers (Third Preference)

  • Professionals with a baccalaureate degree (not qualifying for a higher preference category)
  • Skilled workers (minimum two years' training and experience)
  • Other workers (requiring less than two years' training or experience)

EB-4 Special immigrants (Fourth Preference)

  • Religious workers working with a religious organization in the U.S.
  • Employees and former employees of the U.S. Government abroad
  • Retired employees of international organizations

Contact us by e-mail at our Staten Island or Philadelphia offices for assistance with employment-based immigration visas and applications.

Religious Worker Immigration Lawyer — R Visas

In addition to other employment-based immigration assistance we provide, we also work with religious workers who wish to stay in the U.S. to work for a religious organization. A religious worker visa is available to people who have been working for a legitimate religious organization for at least two years and have a job offer in the U.S. to work for an affiliate of that same religious organization. We assist religious organizations and religious workers with the religious worker visa application process.

To be eligible for a religious worker visa the person must be qualified to fulfill spiritual jobs in the United States. The employment must have religious or spiritual importance and usually involves a traditional religious function. Qualifying jobs include ministers, priests, rabbis, nuns, monks or pastors. Examples of religious occupations or vocations include liturgical workers, religious instructors, catechists, and missionaries. Someone who works at a church in a nonreligious capacity (for example in a clerical, janitorial or administrative position) is not a religious worker and will not qualify for an R visa.

If you qualify for the religious worker immigration visa, we can help you file the petition and walk you through the employment-based immigration process. Our firm can also help you attain citizenship though this naturalization and citizenship

Full-Service Employment-Based Immigration Lawyer

Contact our office for assistance with any employment-based immigration visa. We help businesses and organizations file applications on behalf of foreign workers, assist employees with applying for a green card with their organization's sponsorship, and help foreign employees secure an employment-based visa and adjustment of status. Free Initial Consultation.