Nonimmigrant Petitions for Visas

The United States offers a large amount of visas to those seeking temporary admission to the United States for work, study, tourism, or to visit with family members. Each visa category has its own specific set of forms and requirements for application. The process can be intimidating. At the Law Offices of Stephen Santucci, PC, located in New York City and Philadelphia, we serve individuals and families who need help with the nonimmigrant visa application process. Contact us if you need help with a nonimmigrant visa issue.

The most popular nonimmigrant visas include:

B-1/B-2: Business and Tourist Visitors

The B-1 visa is for coming to the U.S. for temporary business trips. The B-2 visa is for tourists who are visiting the U.S. Those who entered the U.S. with a B-1/B-2 are granted up to a six-month stay in the U.S. The possibility exists to extend the stay up to six more months with the total stay being no more than one year. We assist B-1/B-2 visitors with extending their authorized stay in the U.S.

H-1B: Specialty Workers and Fashion Models

The H-1B is available to workers in occupations that require specialized knowledge. To qualify, you need a bachelor's degree or its equivalent in on-the-job experience. Among other requirements, you must first have a job offer from a U.S. employer for work to be performed in the U.S. We assist employers who are seeking this authorized work status for their prospective foreign workers, and we assist foreign workers to obtain this authorized work status when offered a position by a U.S. employer. H-1B status is subject to yearly quota caps and may not be available even if all other qualifying factors are present.

K: Fiancé(e) of U.S. Citizen

The K visa is used to enter the U.S. to conclude a valid marriage to a U.S. citizen, which must be accomplished within 90 days of entry. We assist U.S. citizens with obtaining this visa for their fiancé(e) residing abroad.

R: Religious Vocation or Occupation

Available to persons who have been a member of a legitimate religious denomination for at least two years and also have a job offer in the U.S. to work for an affiliate of that same religious organization. We assist religious organizations and religious workers with the R-1 visa process.

TN: Canadian and Mexican Professionals under the NAFTA

Under the North American Free Trade Agreement, TN status is available to qualified Canadian and Mexican nationals who are engaged in activities at a professional level.

Full-Service Immigration and Naturalization Lawyer

We also handle asylum applications, consulate processing, naturalization, citizenship, status adjustments, appeals, motions to reopen or reconsider family-based and employment-based visa petitions and permanent residency petitions.

If you need assistance with a nonimmigrant visa petition, contact an experienced immigration attorney. You may contact us by calling us toll free at 800-409-5201, e-mail, and fax.